We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Hotel near Newsuem and the mall.

south jersey
Level Contributor
239 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Need Hotel near Newsuem and the mall.

Hello, I would like to take my family to washington dc to see the museum Newssuem, American History Museum and Madame Tussuads for a weekend. I would like a hotel close to this area. Can anyone suggest a hotel for me? I appreciate your help!

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,005 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Hotel near Newsuem and the mall.

The Penn Quarter section of DC would be best. This is near the museums and Verizon Center.You didn't mention the budget so I will list something from all ranges.

-Embassy Suites Convention Center

-Hyatt Regency Capitol Hill

-Liaison/Affinia Capitol Hill

-Red Roof Inn (not the best out the bunch but I took a tour of it for a convention and it was decent somewhat small however but it's usually cheap).

-Washington Court Hotel

-Renaissance Washington

-Grand Hyatt

-Courtyard Convention Center

-JW Marriott

-Holiday Inn Capitol Hill

You could walk to the museums from these locations but no hotel will be directly across the street from these museums.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,366 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Hotel near Newsuem and the mall.

Any hotel in the Penn Quarter/Chinatown/Convention Center area will be within walking distance of those places. There are 12-16 in the area. Read this forum for a lot more information.

Madame Tussauds has not gotten very good notices from some of the locals. You may not want to spend the money unless you have a big love of wax museums.

south jersey
Level Contributor
239 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Hotel near Newsuem and the mall.

Thank you for your help! I will check these hotels out. Thanks !! Murph

4. Re: Need Hotel near Newsuem and the mall.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 10:16