We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Arlington Nat. Cemetary in Wheelchair?

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Arlington Nat. Cemetary in Wheelchair?

We are considering visiting the Arlington National Cemetary this weekend with my elderly father, who is in a wheelchair. Does anyone know how that works? I had understood that you rode around the property on buses that stop off at various places, but it would be too difficult for him to step on and off of a bus. I assume they must accomodate handicapped visitors somehow, but can't find any info. Can anyone help?

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
94 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Arlington Nat. Cemetary in Wheelchair?

Hello WDWDolphinFan,

Please checkout this website:

http://www.tourmobile.com/disability.php

I think it'll help you out, or at least I hope so.

I hope you enjoy your visit.

PITAPITA

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Arlington Nat. Cemetary in Wheelchair?

You don't have to ride around on the busses. You should find out what bus company you are talking about and then call them to ask if they have an automatic thing to get the wheelchair on the bus.

Metrobusses have a ramp that comes out and then the wheelchair person gets on it, it lifts up and then the person is on the bus and the ramp folds back up.

Find out what bus company you are talking about and ask them if they have the ramp thing.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Arlington Nat. Cemetary in Wheelchair?

Thanks for the quick responses. I didn't realize that the bus tours weren't run by the Cemetary itself. The tourmobile website provided just what we need. Thanks so much!

4. Re: Visiting Arlington Nat. Cemetary in Wheelchair?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 22:17