We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

baltimore-DC via public transportation?

chicago, il
Level Contributor
302 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
baltimore-DC via public transportation?

Going to DC, but found much cheaper flights to Baltimore. Is it possible to get to DC from Baltimore airport with public transportation? Or is there some type of shuttle? How long would it take. Thanks!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: baltimore-DC via public transportation?

Yep. What options are available depends on what day and time you come in, but take a gander here:

bwiairport.com/en/…marc

PLENTY of options to DC: MARC, Amtrak, Bus/Metro combo, Super Shuttle, and taxi.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: baltimore-DC via public transportation?

There are several options:

B30 bus (which is a Metrobus) to Greenbelt Metro station

MARC (weekdays) or Amtrak train (via shuttle from BWI) to Union Station (which is a regular train station and a Metro station) in DC

There are several threads and the ground transportation section of the BWI website which may give more detail.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,161 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: baltimore-DC via public transportation?

The amount of time it will take from BWI to downtown DC will vary by time of day, etc. Even taking a taxi with minimal taxi it will take the better part of an hour. Using the various public transportation options it will take longer, depending on what connections you make.

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
118 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: baltimore-DC via public transportation?

I just got back. Flew in/out of BWI and found the train very easy to get to Union Station, where I was heading. You can get to most of the city from there by metro. There is a frequent free 5 min shuttle from the airport to the train station. Weekdays there is either a MARC (~$6) or amtrak (~$18) train about every half hour mid day but check the schedules on their websites. I returned on Sat so limited to Amtrak running approx every hour.

I didnt try the bus/metro option but it is an alternative.

chicago, il
Level Contributor
302 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: baltimore-DC via public transportation?

Sounds good. Thanks for the tips, everyone!

6. Re: baltimore-DC via public transportation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 06:37