Here's the tentative plan for Sat the 23rd--7 days in the DC area. If anyone sees something here that won't work/bad idea, please let us know. TIA!
1. Late afternoon arrival in Baltimore. Rental car to Alexandria hotel. Park free at Van Dorn metro station. Take blue line to Federal Triangle. Old Post office for view of city then join with walking tour of monuments (6 to 7:30 pm) then metro to Capitol South; concert rehearsal near capitol. Eat?
2. Sunday take metro again to Smithsonian; plan 2 hours at each museum: Air/Space, American Indian (lunch); Natural History and American History. dinner?
3. Memorial Day: metro to Arlington cemetery; 11 am wreath ceremony; metro to Archives/Navy Memorial; 1:30 pm wreath ceremony; walk to parade route near archives for 2 pm parade. After parade, take metro to King Street in Alexandria for afternoon in old town or Fort Ward area. eat?
4. Leave for condo in Williamsburg.
5. Day at Busch Gardens; eat?
6. Drive to Monticello--2 hours; lunch at Mitchie tavern; then drive to Staunton--outdoor historical farm; drive to Polypay farm South of Staunton. Back to Williamsburg.
7. Day at Colonial Williamsburg
8. Drive towards Virginia Beach; cross Chesapeake bay tunnel bridge and drive up the Delmarva peninsula back to Baltimore;
9. fly out of BWI Sat. morning.
Is this a reasonable plan? If anyone has experience with any of the driving or time allowed, let me know if this will work.