We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightime tour of sites

San Francisco
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Topic
Nightime tour of sites

Which is the best tour to take for a moonlight tour of the sites in Washington?

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,225 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightime tour of sites

Try typing in "night tour" or "monuments at night" into the forum search feature and you should get lots of info.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,857 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightime tour of sites

It would be a rare person who has been on more than one moonlight tour, so comparisons are unlikely.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
240 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightime tour of sites

I have been on the Old Town Trolley Tour and the Tourmobile twilight tours. You see the same sights on both tours, the only difference is the information that the guide narrates. Personally, I enjoyed both tours however, I would suggest the Old Town Trolley tour because the guides did give a little bit more information. However if you are looking for a great day tour, On Board Tours offers a wonderful 6 hour tour on a shuttle/motorcoach bus when you hop off to see the various sites.

KC, MO
Level Contributor
194 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightime tour of sites

My daughter and I took the Bike the Sites Capitals at Night tour on May 18. It was a good highlight tour.

Stop by or call them earlier in the day to sign up. They were telling two people that there weren't enough participants while we were walking up (about 5 pm, I think). The minimum was 4 people so we were good to go after all.

5. Re: Nightime tour of sites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2009, 06:18