We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for hotel w/ pool, breakfast, metra, in neighborhood

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wilmette, Illinois
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for hotel w/ pool, breakfast, metra, in neighborhood

This could be a long shot, but I am traveling with 4 kids and my husband to DC in mid-July. We're looking for a family-friendly hotel with a pool, that includes breakfast and is near a metra stop. I looked at the Hampton Inn, Crystal City, but we'd really like to be in more of a walkable neighborhood (less traffic), such as around Dupont Circle or...? that has restaurants, shops, etc.

I know... I want it all! Is it possible? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for hotel w/ pool, breakfast, metra, in neighborhood

It's Metro, not metra.

Orbitz allows you search for hotels by amenities, inc. pool. That would be a good place to start. There is a Hilton on Massachusetts Ave, Dupont Circle area, with a rooftop pool.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,935 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for hotel w/ pool, breakfast, metra, in neighborhood

It is Metro, not Metra. There is traffic almost everywhere there are hotels. The Hampton Inn is on a busy highway, but the Crystal City complex is close and much of that is connected by pedestrian walkways. Quite a few stores and restaurants included, with no car traffic to be seen unless you come out or visit a restaurant with street-scape windows. And the other side of Hampton Inn Crystal City is partly residential and partly more restaurants. Not as nice a neighborhood as Dupont Circle, but it isn't a bad area to stay.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
130 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for hotel w/ pool, breakfast, metra, in neighborhood

We just got back from staying at the Marriott Wardman Park. We paid $172/night for our room, which had 2 double beds (plus we requested a rollaway). That particular rate came with a free breakfast buffet at the restaurant for a family of 4. The Marriott has an outdoor pool staffed with a lifeguard. It is right near the Woodley Park Metro stop and 10 minutes walk from the Zoo. On Connecticut Avenue, which is where the Metro stop is, there are several restaurants plus a McDonalds and a CVS.

If you do decide to try the Marriott, be sure to ask for different rates/plans. Also, our room was in the Tower (older part of the hotel) and was bigger. We had the two double beds and the rollaway, but there was also a huge walk-in closet--with a window! Almost big enough to fit another bed (or pack and play/crib depending on how old your kids are).

Good luck!

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,001 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for hotel w/ pool, breakfast, metra, in neighborhood

-Embassy Suites, the Convention Center and the Chevy Chase pavilion locations are both nice and in walking distance to shops and restaurants. However, as stated before, almsot everywhere you go there will be traffic and if there isn't any traffic then it's too far away from the dining and shops like you want. Free buffet breakfasts and pool. Metro is right near the ES at the convention center and the chevy chase location has a metro at the building.

-I second that Marriott Wardman park as well. I don't know about the breakfast but give it a try anyway.

-Hampton Inn Convention Center: somewhat high traffic area.

Also don't worry yourself too much with the breakfast if the hotel doesn't have it. Sometimes it's not even good or you find yourself not being able to make it before all of the good stuff is gone (all picked over if you know what i mean).

richmond
Level Contributor
908 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for hotel w/ pool, breakfast, metra, in neighborhood

Try Residence Inn Bethesda a Marriott hotel.

chesterfield,va
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for hotel w/ pool, breakfast, metra, in neighborhood

Try Washington Suites Hotel Arlington.

7. Re: Looking for hotel w/ pool, breakfast, metra, in neighborhood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2009, 06:21