We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help 4 hotel choices

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Help 4 hotel choices

Can't make a choice on 4 hotels - Holiday Inn Capitol, The River Inn, Hampton Inn Convention Center or The Liaison. I have reservations at each but will be coming July 2-9. There's 3 adults. Please help.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help 4 hotel choices

The hotels are all good, but in different neighborhoods.

The Holiday Inn Capitol is next between Federal Center SW and L'Enfant Plaza Metro stops (a little closer to L'Enfant Plaza). It is mostly in an area with government buildings, not a lot of restaurants in the immediate vicinity that aren't lunch only places.

The Hampton Inn Convention Center is close to Gallery Place/Chinatown and the downtown area. There isn't a lot going on around the convention center if there is not an event there, but it is a good location for many other activities.

The River Inn is near Foggy Bottom and George Washington University. It is also close to Georgetown (area and university) and has good access to the Metro and to many attractions and restaurants.

The Liaison is on Capitol Hill, a short walk to Union Station (Amtrak and the Metro red line). There are a number of good restaurants there and it is easy access to the Capitol and to the Mall.

I hope this helps a little.

dctravel

NYC
Level Contributor
58 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help 4 hotel choices

My family stayed at the River Inn a number of times over a several year period. I highly recommend it. The suites are nice size and the kitchen can be very useful. The hotel is on a residential block and is usually quiet.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,630 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help 4 hotel choices

The Liaison would be a good choice if you're planning on taking in the July 4th events on the Mall. Close enough to walk back to the hotel for a break if it's hot (very likely!) or if a storm comes up.

California
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help 4 hotel choices

Thanks for all the info. I like them all for different reasons. The River Inn because it's a suite and there's 3 women. The Liaison and Holiday Inn Capitol because it is close to the mall and we would like to see the 4th of July fireworks. Hampton Inn because I've never had a bad stay there. I'm also concerned about the heat. I'll have my 79 year old mom with me but she's pretty hardy.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
783 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help 4 hotel choices

I know the Liaison and Holiday Inn both have a rooftop pool. You might be able to watch fireworks from the roof (call the hotel directly to ask). A pool in DC in July might be a nice thing. It can get hot and sticky around the 4th.

California
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help 4 hotel choices

I'm now between Liaison and River Inn. Is the River Inn walking distance to see fireworks?

NYC
Level Contributor
58 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help 4 hotel choices

Of course this is way after the fact but yes the River Inn is about a 10 minute walk to the far western edge of the Mall(The Lincoln Memorial)

8. Re: Help 4 hotel choices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2010, 05:16