We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ISO Good Chinese Restaurant in Chinatown

Washington DC
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Topic
ISO Good Chinese Restaurant in Chinatown

Family outing this weekend to try some of DC's best Chinese food...(my stepfather is of Chinese heritage and he used to own a Chinese restaurant). Thought it would be cool to go into Chinatown (especially to see the arch lit up) for dinner...any suggestions?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
240 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ISO Good Chinese Restaurant in Chinatown

My husband and I LOVE Hunan Chinatown which is located right next to the Metro on "H" Street (so close to the arch you can touch it). Their spicy wontons are legendary. While I don't care for Hot and Sour soup, my husband loves it and says Hunan Chinatown has the best he has ever tasted. The Szcheuan shimp is always delicious and people come from all over to try their famous duck. The service is always good and prices very reasonable.

Enjoy!

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ISO Good Chinese Restaurant in Chinatown

My husband and I live near Chinatown, so we've tried most of the places there. The one with the reputation for being the most "authentic" is called Full Kee--my husband had some good clams with black bean sauce there, and they are also known for their oyster casserole. Full Kee is about a block and a half from the Gallery Place Station, at 509 H Street NW. (www.fullkeedc.com)

Another place known to be pretty authentic is called Eat First, located at 609 H Street NW. And one of my favorites is Chinatown Express (746 6th Street NW), where they make fresh noodles throughout the day.

Hope these suggestions help you! I do like all of these places, but my favorite is Chinatown Express.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,160 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ISO Good Chinese Restaurant in Chinatown

Please go to the "dining" section for Washington, DC. There you will find a review posted of the Full Kee. This same poster also started a thread about it back in May, I believe. I suggest you read what he has to say.