We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arlington hotel advice

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Arlington hotel advice

I am looking to stay in arlington, near a metro station. I don't want a cheap motel since I won't have a car. Also would like to be near some varied dining options. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Washington DC All-Loops Hop-On...
49 reviews
from US$49.00*
Smithsonian National Air and Space...
4 reviews
from US$65.00*
International Spy Museum
204 reviews
from US$19.50*
Private Smithsonian Combo Tour...
2 reviews
from US$119.00*
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,999 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arlington hotel advice

Your options fall into two buckets:

1. hotels near the Crystal City / Pentagon City Metro stations in south Arlington along the Blue / Yellow lines

2. hotels in the Ballston / VA Square / Clarendon / Courthouse / Rosslyn Orange line corridor in north Arlington

There are good food choices near all these stations, but I think you have better and more varied dining options available along the Orange line, particularly near the Clarendon station. For me that weighs in favor of a hotel at one of the Orange Line stops.

There is a Ritz Carlton at Pentagon City, which sets the standard for "nice" hotels (it also has a full shopping mall attached; food options outside the mall within walking distance also exist but are more limited than along the Orange line).

After the Ritz there are several theoretically four star hotels like both the Marriotts in Crystal City or the Hyatt in Rosslyn (you can find them in the reviews). All these hotels are fine, but for me personally they're not that special given their location and age.

Better options, because they're newer, are the Palomar in Rosslyn or the Westin in Ballston. Both of these are on the Orange Line and near its many food choices, and consistently review well.

Also nice and well located, but a bit less elaborate, are the Hilton Garden Inn in Courthouse and the Residence Inn in Rosslyn. These should also provide what you're looking for.

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
114 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arlington hotel advice

Have you thought about staying in Alexandria? You can find several hotels within walking distance of the King Street Station and walk around Old Town for dining/shopping.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
471 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arlington hotel advice

If you are looking for the best dining options in Arlington, I would stay in Courthouse. You can easily walk to Clarendon, and there are a few interesting restaurants in Courthouse and Rosslyn that you can also walk/metro to. (Ray's Hell Burger/Ray's the Steaks)

Alexandria may have better dining than the Orange line neighborhoods, but the commute into the city without a car is hellish.

los angeles
Level Contributor
240 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arlington hotel advice

I liked the Arlington Hyatt in Rosslyn. Nice hotel, near restaurants, walk across Key Bridge to Georgetown.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
101 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arlington hotel advice

Like a previous post - hotels in Clarendon (neighborhood in Arlington) offer the most dining options and on the metro line.

However, hotel Palomar (Rossyln) is an amazing hotel in Arlington and a stones throw from Georgetown which has even more dining options.

Goodluck!

toronto
Level Contributor
253 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arlington hotel advice

We leaving tomorrow and staying at the Palomar Arlington. It gets great reviews. I'll be writing one as soon as I get back on Aug 27.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arlington hotel advice

Thanks everyone for your helpful advice. I found a great deal at the wahington hilton that is too good to pass up and it seems to be near a lot of dinning options not far from the metro.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,506 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arlington hotel advice

The Washington Hilton is in a good location a few blocks north of Dupont Circle, with lots of dining options close by. It is also now a major construction zone, but I don't know how much that is bothering guests.

9. Re: Arlington hotel advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2010, 05:17