We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Minute Trip to D.C. - Need Suggestions for Tours

Piscataway, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Last Minute Trip to D.C. - Need Suggestions for Tours

I was notified last night that I'm approved for a White House tour next week. This is very last minute, but while there I am interested in seeing other of the major sites (Capitol, Memorials, etc).

Does anyone have any suggestions for good tours that can be booked rather easily? Also, which tours are the highest recommended?

Thanks In Advance!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last Minute Trip to D.C. - Need Suggestions for Tours

By all means see if your Representative or Senator can get you a tour of the Capitol. Alternatively, you can arrange a Capitol tour online at http://visitthecapitol.gov/.

Other tours that take requests or sell tickets online are the Holocaust Museum, the Spy Museum, the Newseum, the Washington Monument, and I'm sure there are others that I can't think of off the top of my head.

You might also want to consider the Smithsonian Museums (www.si.edu), the Library of Congress (www.loc.gov), and the Supreme Court Building (www.supremecourtus.gov/visiting/visiting.html).

Let us know if there are other specific activities you are interested in. Many of us can provide you further guidance.

dctravel

2. Re: Last Minute Trip to D.C. - Need Suggestions for Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2010, 07:19