We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets in Advance

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tickets in Advance

Good morning,

We are traveling to DC next week and I plan to see most all of the sites. I have tickets already for the Senate, National Archives,and the Capital. What others would you suggest I get in advance to avoid long lines. Thanks

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,599 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets in Advance

Ut may be too late for you to receive them, but many get tickets to ride to the top of the Washington Monument in advance. But with the drop in number of tourists, that may not be necessary.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets in Advance

Thanks. After posting this morning I did check out the monument and was able to get tickets.

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
497 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets in Advance

to late, you have to ask about 4 months in advance.

You should have called your sente office in DC . sorry. You can try and get in line early for tickets to the engraving, where they print the money we don't have, LOL> it is pretty cool.

you don't need a ticket for the archives unless that has changed in 6 months???

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
114 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets in Advance

Tom, I doubt you'll have too many long lines this time of year to get into things.

You can walk around to the back of the Printing & Engraving building and check the booth to see what times they have available for tours.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,599 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tickets in Advance

They do not use tickets from September to March. Just get in line at the tour entrance on 14th Street. moneyfactory.gov/locations/section.cfm/20/21

6. Re: Tickets in Advance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2010, 05:18