We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need suite hotel near Metro to accomodate family

Ohio
Level Contributor
736 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Need suite hotel near Metro to accomodate family

My family of 4 (including 9 & 12 yr old) will be arriving on Thursday, October 8 and departing Oct 11.

We would prefer a suite hotel (but would consider a standard room with a fridge & microwave) that is near the Metro so we can park our car for most of the time at the hotel. The plan is to spend as much time as the children would like touring the Smithsonian, so we would like to be close to it or have access to the Metro for traveling there. We would also prefer to be able to walk to a restaurant from the hotel for dinner. Do you hotel suggestions for us? ($250.00 or less) Thank you.

Tiber Creek Private Tours of DC
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Ohio
Level Contributor
736 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need suite hotel near Metro to accomodate family

I found a listing on VRBO (212822) but am not sure if the location is safe or convenient to the Metro lines which would take us to the "tourist areas."

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,283 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need suite hotel near Metro to accomodate family

Many families love Embassy Suites and there are three of them in DC and one in Alexandria, all not far from a Metro stop. But I don't know what they are charging for that time period.

That VRBO listing is for Mount Pleasant, so it will not be too near a Metro stop and might be a bit unnerving for someone not used to city living. It also only sleeps 2 or 3 according to the listing.

Ohio
Level Contributor
736 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need suite hotel near Metro to accomodate family

City living is no problem for us and we are prepared to use an air mattress for one of our children, if necessary!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,283 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need suite hotel near Metro to accomodate family

Will you have to park on the street if you rent that house? That could be a problem, but I am not familiar with the parking situation on that street. A downtown hotel will be much more convenient.

Atlanta, GA
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Need suite hotel near Metro to accomodate family

Crystal City is great. IT has an underground mall. We stayed in the Crystal City Marriott. The Metro was underneath it. We price lined room for $75. There was a Dunkin Doughnuts for breakfast and plenty of places to eat.

Fairfax County...
Level Contributor
2,389 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need suite hotel near Metro to accomodate family

For those dates, you can have the Embassy Suites at Convention Center for $215 or the Embassy Suites on 22nd street for $180. You can park you car at Union Station for $19 every 24 hours.

Chattanooga TN
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Need suite hotel near Metro to accomodate family

We are booked at the Embassy Suites at the Convention Center but thinking about what the earlier poster said about Crystal City area. Wonder if I should change to that area?? Room prices and parking prices might be a bit cheaper. You are still close the metro. hmmm...... What do you all think??

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,283 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need suite hotel near Metro to accomodate family

Being in the city and able to walk to The Mall strikes me as being better than having to take Metro during commuting hours. If it fits your budget, I would stick with the Embassy Suites on 10th Street.

9. Re: Need suite hotel near Metro to accomodate family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2010, 05:26