We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Hotel suggestions for Cherry Blossom Festival visit

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Need Hotel suggestions for Cherry Blossom Festival visit

I am planning a trip to D.C. for around April 9-13. Would like a hotel for around $100-150, in a quiet, safe area. Will not be driving so I need something near a train station or at least not far from Tidal Basin. Thank you for your time:>

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,365 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Hotel suggestions for Cherry Blossom Festival visit

While it is possible that the cherry blossoms will still be around on April 9, it is unlikely. I would certainly not plan on seeing them. And since you are coming during one of DC's most popular times, you will find it difficult to find a hotel at that relatively low price. If you are a single or couple you might best try one of the bidding sites like Priceline.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Hotel suggestions for Cherry Blossom Festival visit

GOOD NEWS! Expedia has an amazing price right now for the Omni Shoreham for the dates you need: $126-149/night -- depending on whether you're willing to prepay in advance and forfeit the money if you cancel or want a refundable reservation. That's about $100/night cheaper than anybody else, including Omni itself, is showing for it.

The Omni -- presently ranked as #11 on TA's "hit parade" of 127 DC hotels -- is perched on an overlook above Rock Creek Park, in a very pleasant residential neighborhood & is a rare urban hotel with some nicely landscaped grounds, which should be pretty in April. The Woodley Park/National Zoo/Adams Morgan stop for the Metro's red line is practically across the street from the Omni, and there are a variety of restaurants and eateries right along that stretch of Connecticut Ave (the Lebanese Taverna is a special favorite of mine). I think you would be very happy there.

omnihotels.com/FindaHotel/WashingtonDCShoreh…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g28970-d84087-R…

You could also book a room at the Carlyle Suites for $125/night via Hotwire. It's the 3* hotel in the Dupont Circle-Embassy Row area whose Hotwire icons indicate it offers a fitness center, pool (guests get free passes to the Washington Sports Club), restaurant, business center & laundry facilities.

http://www.carlylesuites.com

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g28970-d84109-R…

If you'd prefer a smaller hotel with a cozy European feel, you could book the Normandy for as little as $135/night on its web site. It's just off Connecticut Ave. on a side street that's about equidistant from the Woodley Park Metro station mentioned earlier and the Metro station at Dupont Circle. So you're within easy proximity to a variety of restaurants, lounges... and shops that are open in the evening.

doylecollection.com/locations/washington_dc_…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g28970-d84086-R…

3. Re: Need Hotel suggestions for Cherry Blossom Festival visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2010, 06:19