We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Komi or Restaurant Eve

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
148 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Komi or Restaurant Eve

My wife and I are celebrating our wedding anniversary and want to chose from the above restaurant's. Any preferences?

Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
148 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Komi or Restaurant Eve

Depending on which locale we would utilize Morrison House in Alexandria or Hotel Rouge in Dupont Circle. We have stayed at Morrison in the past and had a great stay.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Komi or Restaurant Eve

I've been to both and would choose Restaurant Eve. Make sure you do the tasting room though - it's a different experience than the rest of the restaurant. (And only the tasting room is comparable to what Komi offers.)

Also, be sure to tell them that it's your anniversary and they will give you some nice gifts! :)

Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
148 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Komi or Restaurant Eve

thanks, anyone ever been to Volt in Frederick>?

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Komi or Restaurant Eve

Nope, but I'd like to. Volt is a hard reservation to get, especially for those of us who live too far away to make the trek on a weeknight. But I've only heard good things.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Komi or Restaurant Eve

We had dinner at Volt a few months ago. I'm afraid we were not terribly impressed. Inventive menu, nice setting, and great presentation (although the waiter's description of the seaweed foam topping one dish as "green air" was a bit odd.), but the taste was just OK to good - not really stellar. Not really worth the long drive.

washington, dc
Level Contributor
663 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Komi or Restaurant Eve

Yes - Volt is impressive, but frankly, not impressive enough to make the long trip out of DC to get there. If I were you and coming from Harrisburg, it might be a different story. It's modern American food with a very hip vibe in a beautiful building. However, you can do the same/better for the money at the top restaurants in DC (City Zen, Komi, Eve) without being in the sticks. My personal splurge (with the same degree of difficulty getting reservations as Volt) is Minibar - I'd wager you'll not find another restaurant like it.

Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
148 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Komi or Restaurant Eve

thanks for the info. The waiting list for table 21 at Volt is into June 2011 so I'm going to reserve for next years anniversary. We may get a table at Eve and stay at Morrison house...

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,206 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Komi or Restaurant Eve

I thought the food was more inventive and fun at Komi, but I thought the food itself was better at Eve. It's a toss up. I think you can't go wrong with either. Enjoy!

roanoke, va
Level Contributor
155 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Komi or Restaurant Eve

i was a big fan of volt when we went a couple of months ago. but i'm also a big Top Chef fan, so perhaps that's made it really worth it to me!

10. Re: Komi or Restaurant Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2010, 05:17