We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arlington Cemetery access

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Greenwood, Indiana
Level Contributor
61 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Arlington Cemetery access

Is it possible to get a cab at or near the Lincoln Memorial and/ or Arlington Cemetery to take you back and forth across the bridge? Seems like a good time to get Arlington done, as it is so close. I'm just a little concerned about walking over on a day with so much other walking. Anybody know if the cab will be more expensive because it is going outside the District?

Another quick question. Is it worth the time to see the inside of Arlington House while there? We will probably take the Tourmobile and stop there just to see the outside and views. Just wondering if we will have to wait in line and spend a lot of time to see the inside. I'd love to see 100% of everything, but we all know tha's just not possible. Thanks again for all the info.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
108 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arlington Cemetery access

The Arlington House is currently undergoing extensive renovation. They have pictures placed in each room showing what it looked like, but it's not the same as having the period furniture there.

That being said, it takes maybe 15-20 minutes to go through the house. If it's sunny, it's a nice respite.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,905 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arlington Cemetery access

There are usually taxis waiting at the side of the Lincoln Memorial. I can't say how thrilled the driver is going to be about a fare involving a 2 minute trip over the Potomac River, but legally they can't refuse the fare.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arlington Cemetery access

We visited the cemetery about 10 days ago, and were very glad we did. You might not find it as easy to catch a cab on the return, but I'm not sure about this. The Metro Stop is quite close to the cemetery entrance, so you can always go back by Metro. Be sure to go visit the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. The map makes everything seem far, but we found it pretty easy to go to several of the main sights within the cemetery.

4. Re: Arlington Cemetery access

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2010, 04:18