We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Mt. Vernon

Michigan
Level Contributor
16 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Travel to Mt. Vernon

I'm interested in going to Mt. Vernon via the Yellow Line and then transferring to public bus transportation. Is this easily done?

Thanks

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
108 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to Mt. Vernon

It's easy enough, but not particularly convenient. There are directions on Mt. Vernon's website on how to do this:

mountvernon.org/visit/plan/index.cfm/pid/824/

If you're planning on visiting during the high tourist season and want to take a mansion tour, I highly recommend getting there at or soon after the 8 AM opening time. I just visited yesterday and took a tour at 8:15 AM. By the time I got out (30-40 minutes later or so) the line stretched well past the hour mark.

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
114 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to Mt. Vernon

The Tourmobile goes to Mt. Vernon during the warm months and I recommend taking that instead of public transportation. It picks you up at Arlington Cemetery and will drop you off and pick you up at Mt Vernon.

Edited: 03 May 2010, 19:51
Gibraltar, Europe
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to Mt. Vernon

We went to Mount Vernon using the Fairfax connector bus. It was fairly straightforward - I cannot recall how long it took us, it probably was not the quickest way to get there, but for a family of 4 on a budget we thought it was a good way of getting there.

4. Re: Travel to Mt. Vernon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2010, 04:16