We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help on seats for Nationals game.

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Doylestown...
Level Contributor
688 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Need help on seats for Nationals game.

Hi - Getting seats for Nationals vs Phillies July 31 for my son and husband. This will be our sons 13th birthday present. I want to buy tomorrow. My choices are 111 - Lf row 1 baseline, 140, row 1, 134 Row A , seats 3,4 box seats, and center field Row G - In seat service - not sure what that means. All around the same price. For you baseball fans what are the best seats. Our son is a Phillies fan. Thanks for your help.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,852 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help on seats for Nationals game.

Against my initial inclination (given what the roving hordes of Phillies fans turned our opening day into this year), I will try and give you an honest answer to your question.

Section 111 Row 1 doesn't exist. Do you mean Row A, as in the first row of the section? If so, those are great seats. Full view of the scoreboard, and right by where the ball girl sits, so a decent chance of getting a foul ball. Warning, screaming line drives can come into that section, so you need to pay attention at all times.

Section 140 Row 1 also doesn't exist, again I assume you mean Row A. These seats are by the Nats bullpen, and depending on which end of the row they are they may provide good opportunities to jeer and taunt our relief pitchers, which may appeal to some. They are also prime homerun territory seats. BUT: they are under the scoreboard, so you won't see any of the big screen. That's half the fun for a 13 year old if you ask me.

Section 134 Row A are ADA compliant / wheelchair friendly seats (likely cushioned folding chairs), in sort of a camera well that appears infront of the first fixed row of seats (Row D). They'll give you a decent view across the diamond into the Phillies dugout, but otherwise are not as good as the Section 111 seats if you ask me because your view of the scoreboard isn't as good.

The centerfield club (Sec. 100) is a gimic. They're slightly larger seats, and you get a meal credit, but otherwise they're to straight away center and sort of under the big screen. I don't see the point of them.

All things considered, take the seats in 111 or 134.

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
688 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help on seats for Nationals game.

Wow - Thanks so much for that great information. We are nice Phillies fans. We usually go to a couple games during the year with our family. We are heading to the game on July 10th for our son's birhtday. But for DC just wanted to get the two tickets so we can cut down on cost and I know our daughter would be happy just swimming in the pool. Now I have to go find a hotel that has a pool and convenient to get to the game. Any ideas? Thanks again so much for your help.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,852 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help on seats for Nationals game.

Nats park is one block from the Navy Yard Metro on the Green line. Given how easy it is to access via Metro, any Metro accessible hotel that otherwise suits your needs should work. There is a long thread that you can find in this forum about D.C. hotels with pools. You should be able to take your pick of those. If you need thoughts on picking between one or more of those, just post the ones that appeal and we can give you our thoughts.

4. Re: Need help on seats for Nationals game.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2011, 06:18