We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Security check at Mall Museums/Capitol Hill

Honolulu
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Security check at Mall Museums/Capitol Hill

My husband and son age 10 will be visiting DC for our first time. Does anyone know what the security is like for visiting DC sights? Is there a size limit on backpacks? I usually pack some extra clothes, snacks, water, but I don't want to run into problems at a security check point.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Security check at Mall Museums/Capitol Hill

It varies by site and you can look at individual websites to find the answer.

www.si.edu is the Smithsonian Museum website.

If you are going to book a tour of the Capitol Building, you can look at the security information then

Honolulu
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Security check at Mall Museums/Capitol Hill

Thank you so much for the information! I haven't visited this website before. We will be packing appropriately!

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
714 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Security check at Mall Museums/Capitol Hill

The only place we ran into a security issue was at the Capitol building. No food, water bottles or liquids allowed (including the reusable type). Hand sanitizer was questionable, and up to security officers once inside. The other musuems, no problems, just ran the packs thru the scanners.

4. Re: Security check at Mall Museums/Capitol Hill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2011, 08:56