We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant suggestions for family

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
711 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant suggestions for family

Hi - We will be arriving at the end of the month with our two kids 13 and 9. I need suggestions for Friday and Saturday night. Friday night it will be all of us and then Saturday just myself and daughter. My husband and son are going to the Nationals/Phillies game. Our son loves food and will eat almost anything while our daughter is still happy with chicken fingers. We are staying at the Embassy Suites Convention Center and are looking forward to our first stay in DC. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Nationals Park
Nationals Park
1,400 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
The Embassy Inn
The Embassy Inn
273 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Doylestown...
Level Contributor
711 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant suggestions for family

Bump.

DC
Level Contributor
227 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant suggestions for family

You're going to be a short walk from Chinatown and there are tons of restaurants in the area. Matchbox (Pizza) and Clyde's (American) would be two good options.

Mentioned in this post
Matchbox Vintage Pizza Bistro
Matchbox Vintage Pizza...
1,366 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Doylestown...
Level Contributor
711 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant suggestions for family

Thank you!

DC
Level Contributor
227 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant suggestions for family

You might also want to look at the washingtonian.com restaurant and dining section. They have restaurant reviews and a whole section on cheap eats.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
111 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant suggestions for family

I second the Matchbox suggestion. But note that they don't take reservations and can get crowded quickly.

Also in the Gallery Place/Chinatown area:

Clyde's

www.clydes.com/main/RestaurantsDetail.cfm…

Rosa Mexicano

rosamexicano.com/Locations/…Default.aspx

District Chop House

http://www.chophouse.com/

Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - http://www.gordonbiersch.com/default.aspx

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
711 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant suggestions for family

Thanks everyone - One of my friends had mentioned Clydes so maybe we will try it one of the nights we are there. Thanks and I will look at the other suggestions too.

washington, dc
Level Contributor
663 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant suggestions for family

I'd add another vote for matchbox, especially with kids. Sliders and pizza are sure to please. But, as others have noted, they do fill up...so either plan on going early or going, putting your name in, and then wandering the neighborhood a bit before you sit.

Nando's Peri Peri is a quasi-fast food rotisserie chicken place that's very well regarded (and relatively inexpensive).

Finally, if you want to get a little more experimental (depending on how adventurous the kids are), you could try out either Zatinya or Ping Pong Dim Sum. Both are small plates concepts, which a lot of kids seem to like. The first is Mediterranean flavors, the latter is Asian. There's a little bit of a "scene" at both (good looking people dressed well) - so maybe not my absolute first choice with kids, but the food is great, and if you're adventurous and the kids are willing....could be fun.

Mentioned in this post
Nando's
Nando's
518 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Ping Pong Dim Sum
Ping Pong Dim Sum
510 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
8. Re: Restaurant suggestions for family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2011, 06:16