We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic getaway

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
maryland
3 posts
Save Topic
Romantic getaway

I am looking for a romantic getway for myself and husband

Somewhere in the dc,md.va area

Somewhere that is romantic,luxury and also includes romantic tour of dc

Any suggestions please help me

i am looking for something for the holidays

thanks

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,135 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic getaway

While you didn't mention what price range you're looking at, one possibility would be The Inn at Little Washington in Washington, VA. It is very pricey but it is a 5-diamond property. While I've never been there, the restaurant on site, The Inn at Little Washington Dining Room is a 5-diamond restaurant, with expensive prices, but very highly rated.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
113 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic getaway

If you want luxury call the Willard (there is a small skate park across the street) or stay at the 4 seasons in Georgetown.

DC is like most places on Christmas Day itself; the museums and government national park attractions are closed. Restaurants are open (try Tabard Inn if you want romantic hotel/restaurant). Walking around Georgetown (although it is a bit shopping mallish these days) and the National Christmas Tree is a great romantic stop. As I have said in other post's, notice the international audience on Christmas Day/Eve around the Pageant of Peace. Go late at night and it's very romantic to hang out by the fire. Just you and National Park Police. The tourmobile bus is closed on Christmas Day, but is a great way to get around the tourist areas of the Smithsonian and National Museums (like Lincoln, Jefferson, etc) without too much walking. George Washington's house is open Christmas Day and is setup for a party like it was xmas circa 18th century. Another thought altogether that I have done was Williamsburg, VA. It's quaint, easy not too far from DC and there is a variety of hotel levels of choice.

cheers,

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
113 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic getaway

Btw, Little Inn at Washington is a great place to stay and eat....but there is about a 90 minute drive from DC and there is absolutely nothing else to do there but shag and eat. There is a small (as in three shops and few artists) retail area nearby. Go once, have dinner, but don't travel the world to visit this locale unless you enjoy eating then sitting by the fire with a book and a snuggle.

Swartz Creek
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic getaway

"Somewhere that is romantic,luxury ...."

Oh the Mayflower Hotel On Connecticut fits that to a bill..... also great location and close to a metro... just something to consider.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic getaway

Not sure if you want DC or away from DC romantic getaway. If you want away from DC romantic getaway check out...

washingtonian.com/travel/…bay

I got this from a fellow tripadvisor poster and thought the ideas were sensational.