We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel near the national zoo

New York
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
1 review
Save Topic
hotel near the national zoo

Hi-Can someone recommend a hotel close to the national zoo-around 150 a night or so. A friend of mine is going for 1 night, and wants to be close to the zoo-thanks

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel near the national zoo

WHEN???

There is the Omni Shoreham over that way. Marriott Woodley Park something or other.

If you go to www.wmata.com and then to the page for the Adams Morgan/Zoo Metrorail station, you can click on the station masters map page and maybe see more

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel near the national zoo

Now that I think about it, I think the hotel is Marriott Wardman something not Woodley

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,285 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel near the national zoo

The two hotels closest to the National Zoo are the Omni Shoreham and the Marriott Wardman Park. Both a large, older hotels. I believe the Wardman Park is the largest hotel in the city. The Shoreham is often available at a good price it seems. FYI, because Metro is close to the zoo, it is not really necessary to stay close to the zoo, just close to a Metro stop.

New York
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel near the national zoo

thanks so much, as always great info!!

Fairfax County...
Level Contributor
2,389 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel near the national zoo

It actually is slightly better to take the Metro to the Zoo than staying near the Zoo. The Zoo is between two metro stops and on a sloping street. We often suggest visitors to take the Metro to the Cleveland Park metro stop, and walk down hill to the Zoo entrance. When leaving, walk down hill to the Woodley Park Metro stop. This way, you can avoid walking uphill, at least for the portion outside the Zoo.

6. Re: hotel near the national zoo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2011, 06:16