We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying near airports

Hull City Of...
Level Contributor
123 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
staying near airports

hi

just an initial question i am thinking of stopping over in washington for a few days en route to tampa next year and wondered if staying at the airports was a good idea . With no car i see there is a Metro could i use this from there to see the "sites"

regards

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: staying near airports

Only staying near DCA is a good idea. The other two (IAD and BWI) NO

Even if you did have a car, Metro would be a good idea

Mentioned in this post
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: staying near airports

Staying near Washington Reagan National (DCA) is a fine idea, and many budget-minded travelers find good deals in the Crystal City area, which is near DCA. However, if your budget allows, staying in the city is an even better option (DCA is about 10-15 minutes by cab or 15 minutes by Metro from downtown). if you stay in the city, you'll be closer to dining options, etc. in the evenings.

Mentioned in this post
Hull City Of...
Level Contributor
123 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: staying near airports

Thank you ,So is DCA the only airport for my purpose would DULLES be to far . i had the idea being from the Uk of getting a hotel bus then metro in to the centre

regards

Mentioned in this post
Hull City Of...
Level Contributor
123 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: staying near airports

sorry vjpblovesital... i did not see your post so its DCA Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: staying near airports

You don't want to stay by Dulles--just not a fun commute into the city. Imagine staying at Heathrow to visit London, minus the direct rail link. You would have to take a bus/Metro connection (or just one long bus trip), and to even get to the bus, you'd have to get from your hotel to Dulles.

If cost is the concern, then look at Crystal City.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
Ontario, Canada
6. Re: staying near airports

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2011, 06:18