We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic experience in DC

chicago, il
Level Contributor
167 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic experience in DC

Hi, we're in DC for christmas, and my sister will be watching our little kids so my husband and I can go out for a night. We will be staying at river in which is in downtown DC. Any ideas for a nice romantic evening.

Thanks

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
994 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic experience in DC

Hi Bonnie, I have lots of ideas but need a bit more information. Were you hoping for a restaurant recommendation? If so, what type of cuisine and price range? If not a restaurant, what type of activity were you hoping for?

I think DC is a very romantic city, so I'm sure you will have a great evening no matter what you do.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,817 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic experience in DC

The River Inn is in the Foggy Bottom area, not really downtown. And what is more romantic than a foggy bottom? LOL

Ideas of what is "romantic" vary widely. What one person calls romantic another will call a cliche'. You need to give us a bit more information about your expectations. And are you thinking about Christmas Day or some other day? On Christmas Day with so much closed, your options are going to be diminished.

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Pinetop-Lakeside
Level Contributor
2,965 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic experience in DC

How about a horse and carriage ride through Washington DC's mall area looking at the monuments all lit up and decorated for Christmas?

Charley Horse Carriage CO

Charley Horse Carriage CO - Horse Carriages

100 H St SE

Washington , DC 20003

Phone: 202-488-1155

Add a dusting of snow and romance would definitely be in the air.

4. Re: Romantic experience in DC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2011, 05:37