We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cherry blossoms

Truro, Canada
Level Contributor
231 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Cherry blossoms

I know that the Cherry Blossom festival starts March 26 this year. My question is: Would there be any blossoms to see one or two weeks before that?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,096 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cherry blossoms

There is very little chance of any blossoms one or two weeks before the start of the Cherry Blossom Festival. If we had a really unusual stretch of warm weather in late February and early March, I suppose it could happen. But the odds are not good. And so far this winter is colder than usual, not warmer.

Truro, Canada
Level Contributor
231 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cherry blossoms

Thanks for the response. Appreciate it.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
148 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cherry blossoms

I was wondering, when is the latest the blossoms will bloom? late April?

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cherry blossoms

Doubt it. There is a bloomwatch website which might have historical info

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,924 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cherry blossoms

See this recent thread r.e. bloom dates: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28970-i40-k407865…

6. Re: Cherry blossoms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 13:19