We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in DC with the best views of the Capitol??

Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
Save Topic
Hotels in DC with the best views of the Capitol??

Need a room with a great view of the Capitol dome for a photo shoot. Help!!

washington, dc
Level Contributor
663 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in DC with the best views of the Capitol??

Check out the Washington Court Hotel: www.washingtoncourthotel.com/photo-gallery

Or the Capitol Skyline http://www.capitolskyline.com/

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,092 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in DC with the best views of the Capitol??

The balcony at the Newseum has an excellent view of the Capitol. I don't know if they have any restrictions on taking photos or not. Of course, it is not a hotel so you can't spend the night.

Unless the Capitol Skyiine has improved a lot, you do not want to stay there. They have a rooftop pool which is open in the summer for parties.

Edited: 01 February 2011, 18:23
Lawton, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
117 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in DC with the best views of the Capitol??

We stayed at the Washington Court. Our room did not have a Capital View. There are some that do, but you have to request one. Possibly pay extra?

It was a very nice Hotel and very convenient to Capital Hill and Union Station Metro.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,109 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in DC with the best views of the Capitol??

or the Wash Monument and a good zoom. again can't sleep there.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in DC with the best views of the Capitol??

Yes, great view from outdoor terrace at Newseum, and they let you take pictures.

Now, if you were to show up there with more than the average Joe camera equipment, they may have issue. Don't know. Call them-a very well-staffed and great museum.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels in DC with the best views of the Capitol??

The Liaison is very close to the Capitol and I'm sure they must have some roons with a view. Also try to Hotel George.

washington, dc
Level Contributor
663 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels in DC with the best views of the Capitol??

OP asked for a hotel room for a photo shoot, which I take it means that he wants to have the Capitol out the window while he shoots something in the room.

The advice for the Newseum being a great location for a place to photograph the dome is accurate...but doesn't help the OP with what he's looking for. he'd be better off shooting from the center of Pennsylvania Ave if that's all he wanted.

@mopsydog - I checked the websites for both of those hotels, and neither one advertises that htey have rooms overlooking the Capitol...which I suspect would be a big selling point they'd advertise if they did.

I would advise OP to call a few of the hotels and ask. I know that the Willard charges a premium for rooms that have a Washington Monument view.

Washington, DC
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels in DC with the best views of the Capitol??

The Hyatt on Capitol Hill?

9. Re: Hotels in DC with the best views of the Capitol??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2012, 05:35