We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need another hotel close to my conference.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
429 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Need another hotel close to my conference.

I am attending a conference at the Hilton Garden Center downtown at 815 14th Street. However, they are full and I cannot get a room there. What other decent hotel is very close to this one, and safe for walking? Thanks, I appreciate the help.

Washington, DC
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need another hotel close to my conference.

Have you checked ou TripAdvisor's hotel listings and plotted them on a map? TripAdvisor also ranks them according to popularity and adds user reviews - as locals, we don't get to see the insides of too many of them.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,153 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need another hotel close to my conference.

How much do you want to spend? There are two hotels near there that are 4-diamond properties and on the pricey side. The Sofitel Lafayette Square and the Hay Adams. If they are both too expensive for you, you could consider trying to bid for a room in either place. Check out---betterbidding.com ---biddingfortravel.com -- posters who use the bidding process find these 2 pages to be very helpful. You could try--you may get a good deal.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
429 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need another hotel close to my conference.

Thanks to both of you. I was hoping to keep the price about the same as the Hilton, but I will try both suggestions.