We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any new noteworthy restaurants in Georgetown?Old standbys?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
291 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Any new noteworthy restaurants in Georgetown?Old standbys?

I'm interested in any new restaurants in Georgetown for dinner out during a parent's weekend at Georgetown in 2 weeks. I'm also interested in the tried and true restaurants. We like Italian, Spanish (tapas), & American cuisines best, but will try other notables.

Thanks!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,420 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any new noteworthy restaurants in Georgetown?Old standbys?

The oldest standbys are probably Clyde's, the original one is right there. And Marin's Tavern that has been there for over 75 years. Both are more or less American.

www.clydes.com/main/RestaurantsDetail.cfm…

http://www.martins-tavern.com/

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,152 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any new noteworthy restaurants in Georgetown?Old standbys?

You could try the Peacock Cafe. The Zagat guide describes the food as "American food without Frills". My husband still raves about the pork chop he had there. They also do a weekend brunch:

www.peacockcafe.com

If you're looking for upscale dining, consider making a reservation at 1789. It's owned by the same people who own Clyde's and Old Ebbitt Grill:

www.1789restaurant.com

For Italian food, you could consider trying Filomena:

www.filomena.com

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
650 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any new noteworthy restaurants in Georgetown?Old standbys?

Zed.

4. Re: Any new noteworthy restaurants in Georgetown?Old standbys?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 04:16