We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lil Wayne concert in Bristow VA July 16, 2011

Fredericton
Level Contributor
99 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Lil Wayne concert in Bristow VA July 16, 2011

I will be flying into Washington on the 13th for a week. I purchased 2 x Lil Wayne concert tickets (Nissan Pavilion in Bristow VA) because they were listed as Washington, DC. The distance is 30 miles and transit does not function in the area. Anyone know a way to get from downtown Washington DC to Bristow without high cab fares? Cab would probably cost $100+ for the 30 mile drive. I was thinking a combination of bus/cab as I do not feel like renting a car for one day.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lil Wayne concert in Bristow VA July 16, 2011

This thread might help you:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28970-i40-k342018…

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lil Wayne concert in Bristow VA July 16, 2011

There may be hotels closer to the venue

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lil Wayne concert in Bristow VA July 16, 2011

Well, if this concert was on a weekday, you would have a few more options, such as taking the VRE commuter train one-way into Manassas and then a cab from there. Of course, this wouldn't help you when you are done and it is time to go home.

You can look into taking Metro to the Vienna station on the Orange line and a cab from there. Will get you about halfway closer to Jiffy Lube Live (nee Nissan Pavilion).

Really, your best option is going to be a car rental.

This concert venue is a sore spot with people on multiple levels. Inconvenient for those coming from out of town. It is located on a road through a suburban area with nothing but business parks in the area; can't walk to anything. A pain to get in and out of to content with D.C. rush-hour traffic. Terrible for people who live out that way to have to contend with the surge in traffic thanks to concert-goers.

Sorry to not have better advice for you.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,410 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lil Wayne concert in Bristow VA July 16, 2011

I do not have any personal knowledge, but I suspect no cab will even go there to bring you home. The stories I have heard about the traffic mess as a concert ends are mind-boggling. You might spend $30 in a cab just sitting in traffic before you even got to the highway. A limo driver will take you, wait in the car and then drive you home. But you don't want to know how much that is likely to cost.

Va
Level Contributor
11,202 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lil Wayne concert in Bristow VA July 16, 2011

Cab from Vienna Metro. You are looking at about a $40 cab ride. There are cabs out there after shows. You could also have your cab pick you up outside the parking lot. That will save you a lot of time. The people that complain about the time it takes to get out are talking about the parking lot. Once you get on to the road it moves along.

You could also try craigslist and see if anyone will share a ride with you. Kind of risky, but you could make some new friends.

6. Re: Lil Wayne concert in Bristow VA July 16, 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 04:16