We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP PLEASE! Which Metro trains & bus routes in order to do

Phoenix
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
HELP PLEASE! Which Metro trains & bus routes in order to do

We are leaving tomorrow for just a few days in Annapolis (Naval Academy Induction) & then on to DC. I already know to park at the LARGO TOWN CENTER station to take the Metro to DC so we won't have to drive all the way.

BUT where do I want to get off the Metro in order to go to the Smithsonian Museums? Which STOP and which BUS LINES do we use?

We plan to see the Spy Museum, Newseum, and Air/Space. Maybe Crime/Punishment(?).

But as I have two elderly parents with I'd like to know ahead of time how best to route-out the day and which stops and trains or buses to look out for.

Any advice? Much appreciated!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,109 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP PLEASE! Which Metro trains & bus routes in order to do

Hi gowestwardho;

The Help Us Make TripAdvisor Better (HUMTAB) forum was created so that users may submit suggestions and participate in discussion of methods for improving the site itself.

As a new user of the forums, I would suggest before posting on any forum to read the "sticky" at the top of the forum’s page, if there is one. The sticky will explain the focus / purpose of the forum and other important details. As an example, the sticky for this forum reads;

“PLEASE READ: How to use this forum” and has a pushpin icon beside it.

For questions about traveling to specific destinations, you can use the destination forums. The Washington DC forum is here on TA;

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g28970-i40-Washingt…

Best Regards

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,948 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP PLEASE! Which Metro trains & bus routes in order to do

Hi gowestwardho,

I noticed that you had inadvertently posted your topic in our Help Us Make TripAdvisor Better forum, so I have moved it on your behalf to our Washington, DC forum. I hope you find the information you need to plan your upcoming travels.

Kind regards,

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,427 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP PLEASE! Which Metro trains & bus routes in order to do

I assume you are coming in for the day? And you plan to visit 4 or 5 museums in just one day? People have been known to spend an entire day just in the Newseum, and the ticket is good for 2 days. The Smithsonian museums are worth 2-3 days all on their own, and they are free. For just one day, forget the Spy Museum, Crime & Punishment, and Newseum. They all cost money and you don't have the time to get your monies worth.

The Smithsonian Metro stop is close to several of the major Smithsonian Museums. The L'Enfant Metro station is closest to the Air & Space Museum.

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
7,473 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP PLEASE! Which Metro trains & bus routes in order to do

Crime and Punishment Museum & Spy Museum: Gallery Place

Crime and Punishment Museum & Newseum: Archives

Air and Space (NASM): L'Enfant Plaza, (7th and Maryland Avenue exit)

Those 3 museums are all near 7th St., so to go and C&P, Spy, and Newseum are all within 2 blocks of each other. NASM is about 5 blocks south of them.

To go by bus from them to the NASM, take the southbound 70 or 71 bus on 7th St. There is also a DC Circulator bus (www.dccirculator.com/) run by the City that is $1 per person and runs on 9th and 7th St (look at their map).

Most other Smithsonian museums on the Mall are near the Smithsonian station (except NMAI, which is near L'Enfant or Fed. Center SW).

5. Re: HELP PLEASE! Which Metro trains & bus routes in order to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 00:16