We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Families-consider BOQ-Basic Overnight Quarters Arlington

Southern CA
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Families-consider BOQ-Basic Overnight Quarters Arlington

I'm writing this post after spending a week with my family in Arlington, VA (Crystal City) at the Concord Building, in an apartment managed by Basic Overnigt Quarters (BOQinc.com).

Our 2 bedroom + den apartment was spacious enough for myself, my husband, my father and two teens. The approximate cost ($1600 for 6 nights) averages out to about $267 a night...but remember, this is essentially a 3 br apartment, fully stocked kitchen, plus washer/dryer in unit. You will be hard pressed to find comparable accommodations at a suite hotel in the district.

Pros:

-Free wi fi

-Cable access (3 42" TV's in the unit)

-2 balconies

-Rooftop deck

-Concierge service

-Fitness faciilty

-Club room (bar/TV and billiards)

-Indoor pool

-Stainless steel appliances

-In-unit laundry

-2 full bathrooms (one shower/tub combo, second separate shower/rub)

-1 king bedroom

-1 queen bedroom

-Den - pull-out sofa bed + desk

-Starbucks in lobby

-Bus stop to area Metro station across the street

-Metro - (Yellow/Blue lines) within 6 blocks

-Outdoor/indoor mall within 3 blocks

-Underground parking available with unit rental

-Secured access (keyfob needed for lobby entrance)

Cons:

-Not "in the city" - requires a Metro ride to go to area sights

-Grocery store is within a mile...but a long walk if stocking up without access to a car

-Target/movie theater and strip mall about a mile away - walkable, but tough in July!

-In Crystal CIty, which is primarily businesses...so the streets roll up after hours and on the weekends.

For families who are looking to save money by having access to a fully stocked kitchen and apartment, BOQ is a fantastic option. We will stay there again the next time we find ourselves in DC.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Families-consider BOQ-Basic Overnight Quarters Arlington

I totally agree with the previous post. My family of 7 (me, husband, and 5 boys age 10 months to 15 years) is in DC right now in a BOQ property, 425 Mass. We will be here for 5 nights as we try to see and do as much as possible. They have been great to deal with and were able to add a night to our stay at the last minute. The night we added was at The Concord and we stayed there for the first night of our trip. Both properties have been amazingly clean and are extremely well stocked with things like laundry detergent, dryer sheets, dish detergent, coffee, etc. It is great to have so much room, free parking, and free wi-fi. We could not have found another place to accommodate us space wise for the money. Though our stay is not over, so far it has exceeded our expectations!

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Families-consider BOQ-Basic Overnight Quarters Arlington

Thanks for the write-up. I'm sure it will help people looking for BOQ in the DC area.

Another con (Well, to me, at least) is that you don't have the housekeeping service of a hotel, which, when I'm traveling, I don't want to be making my own bed :)

Atlanta
Level Contributor
243 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Families-consider BOQ-Basic Overnight Quarters Arlington

"Another con (Well, to me, at least) is that you don't have the housekeeping service of a hotel, which, when I'm traveling, I don't want to be making my own bed :)"

Well...some of us don't believe in making our beds even at home, so this would be a non-issue ! :) LOL!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Families-consider BOQ-Basic Overnight Quarters Arlington

And for those of us who choose to be total slobs, a dream come true!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Families-consider BOQ-Basic Overnight Quarters Arlington

True, but for those of us who are CDO (OCD but in alphabetical order because that's the way it should be...), that would be a HUGE problem!

Haha thanks for sharing!

Arlingtonman13

6. Re: Families-consider BOQ-Basic Overnight Quarters Arlington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 04:15