We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle or Taxi from Reagan

Boston
Level Contributor
151 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle or Taxi from Reagan

Coming into Reagan this Friday what is the best way to get to the Willard: shuttle or taxi?

Thank you.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,611 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle or Taxi from Reagan

Taxi (if you don't want to ride the metro). It will be as cheap or cheaper than a shuttle. I think it will be around $25 without tip.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
53,560 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle or Taxi from Reagan

Depending on the time of day you might want to consider Metro unless you have a lot of luggage. Otherwise I would take a taxi. Can't think of any benefit to taking a shuttle.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
116 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle or Taxi from Reagan

We are here right now. We flew into Dulles and used the Flyer bus to get us to the Metro station. From there, we used the Metro to get to our hotel in Alexandria. There is a Metro right at Reagan airport. That's what I would use if I were you. It is so easy. If you want more information, find out what Metro stop is closest to your hotel. Then go to www.wmata.com and use their trip planner. Put in Reagan National airport as your starting point, and your hotel Metro stop as the ending point. The trip planner willl then tell you exactly what line to use and how much it will cost. It will only be $3 or less. Good luck!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
844 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle or Taxi from Reagan

I second Ivarnau's recommendation to take the metro - the Washington metro is easy to use and get around and much more spacious and user-friendly than some of the older underground systems you might have experienced. Plus, I think it has aircon throughout so it's much more comfortable with luggage than, say, the New York subway.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,957 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttle or Taxi from Reagan

Unless you have a lot of luggage or have challenges walking, I too would recommend Metro. The Metro station at Reagan is attached to the B and C terminals by covered walkways. It's then a 17 minute ride on the Blue Line from DCA to Metro Center, with no change of trains. Once at Metro Center, you need to ride up three escalators (or three elevators), and then walk three flat / downhill blocks to the Willard.

Edited: 05 October 2011, 15:27
Bartlesville...
Level Contributor
941 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shuttle or Taxi from Reagan

Unless you are really focused on saving a few (and I do mean few) bucks, take the taxi. Depending on the time of day, your taxi might be at or near the Willard by the time the first train arrives to pick you up at the Metro station. It's a short taxi ride, and relatively inexpensive. The cost difference will vary, depending on the time of day and the number of people in your party, but it won't be significant either way. If you can afford the Willard, you can certainly afford the extra cost of the taxi.

7. Re: Shuttle or Taxi from Reagan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 12:16