We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From DCA to Grand Hyatt by Metro

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
From DCA to Grand Hyatt by Metro

I land at 12:30pm and have to go to the Grand Hyatt. Will it be a hassle to get from the Airport to the hotel by metro at this time, with the luggage? How long does it take? Is the metro stop really that far away from the airport?

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: From DCA to Grand Hyatt by Metro

www.wmata.com is the Metro website

"Is the metro stop really that far away from the airport?"

Is what Metro stop really what far away? The DCA Metrorail station is right outside the airport. Had you heard differently. Or are you talking about the end station near Grand Hyatt?

Here is the Grand Hyatt website

…hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp…

…hyatt.com/hyatt/…index.jsp

Metro - Take the Blue Line to Metro Center station. Follow 11th Street exit to the lobby of the Grand Hyatt. Cost: $2.10 per person one way (rates may change).

Taxi - Taxicabs are available at the exits of each terminal. Our Washington DC metro area hotel is approximately 15 minutes from the airport, depending upon traffic conditions. Cost: $12 to $15, one-way.

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From DCA to Grand Hyatt by Metro

Thanks. I heard on the internet that the airport metro stop was 2 miles away. I guess that's not true than.

Do you know if the metros are going to be full at that time of day?

Thank you!!!

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: From DCA to Grand Hyatt by Metro

Maybe you are thinking of BWI. You have to take a shuttle to the train station (which is not a Metrorail station anyway).

I doubt that the Metro train will be too full for you to enter. It's not rush hour.

Edited: 08 November 2011, 22:27
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From DCA to Grand Hyatt by Metro

VJP was right in terms of directions, but I would suggest you take the cab. Trust me, with luggage and whatnot, it will be the best $12-$15 you spend your entire trip!

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
7,404 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From DCA to Grand Hyatt by Metro

The Airport Metro station is 2 Meters away (a slight exaggeration, but you get the idea).

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,801 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From DCA to Grand Hyatt by Metro

Are you sure you're landing at DCA (Reagan National Airport?) This isn't the airport for international flights. International flights would arrive either at IAD (Dulles Airport) or BWI (Baltimore Washington International Airport.)

Both of the international airports would require a longish bus ride to the Metro.

Edited: 11 November 2011, 14:33
Fairfax County...
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From DCA to Grand Hyatt by Metro

"I heard on the internet"

I am just curious. how do you hear the internet? In any event, your source probably gave you the wrong information.

None of the three airports here is two miles away from a Metro stop. At DCA, it is steps away. At IAD and BWI, two miles probably only gets you to their long term parking lot.

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: From DCA to Grand Hyatt by Metro

I am flying in from New York :) I am positive its DCA ;)

Annapolis
Level Contributor
129 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: From DCA to Grand Hyatt by Metro

When are you flying in? The DCA Metro stop will be closed this weekend from 10:00pm Friday until Monday morning.

10. Re: From DCA to Grand Hyatt by Metro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2012, 10:20