We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hillwood Estate

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
135 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hillwood Estate

I would like to go to Hillwood estate today. Are there cabs at the Van Ness or Cleveland Metro to take cab to Hillwood estate?

Thanks

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hillwood Estate

Both those metro stops are on Connecticut Ave, which is a very busy street. Tons of cabs at almost all hours.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hillwood Estate

But it looks like Hillwood Estate is only a very short walk from the Van Ness metro stop.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,365 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hillwood Estate

Hillwood isn't too far from the Van Ness Metro station, but I would not call it "a very short walk". And it is easy to get lost back in that part of town. Not dangerous, but it could lead to a much longer walk.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
135 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hillwood Estate

We went to Hillwood today. Caught the Metro got off at Van Ness, cought a cab.

Toured the Estate. Wow was it ever fantastic!

Caught a cab back to Metro.

Worked great!

Thanks for the advice. I wouldnt have wanted to walk it.

5. Re: Hillwood Estate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2012, 06:18