We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at Tudor Place?

south jersey
Level Contributor
239 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Parking at Tudor Place?

Hello, I would like to take my family to Tudor Place and the Woodrrow Wilson home on a Friday in December. We will be staying in Arlington but on our way down from New Jersey would it be better to try and find parking at both of these homes or take he metro from our hotel in Arlington? We appreciate any advice you can give us. Thank You, Murph

Washington DC...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking at Tudor Place?

Hi! I work at Tudor Place (as communications officer) and am happy to advise that nearby on-street parking is almost always available. There's a two-hour limit in effect, but that should be enough time to tour the house and also roam the landscaped gardens using our garden map or smartphone audio tour. Finding an open curb near Woodrow Wilson House may be a bit more challenging, but not impossible. And a variety of good restaurants -- from sandwich shops to more formal eateries -- are within walking distance of both houses.

We welcome your visit!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
54,110 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking at Tudor Place?

I would just look for street parking. Metro doesn't run to Georgetown, so the hassle of going from Arlington to DC by subway and then walking to both places, or taking a bus between them, and then reversing everything to get back...well, for me it would be a hassle.

south jersey
Level Contributor
239 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking at Tudor Place?

Thank you for the helpful advice. We will take your advice and park near the Tudor place. Thanks again! Murph

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,366 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking at Tudor Place?

If you are on your way from home to a hotel when you park, be sure you do not leave ANYTHING visible in your car. Theft from auto is a constant problem in DC. And it only takes the criminal a few seconds to break the window and grab a few things.

south jersey
Level Contributor
239 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking at Tudor Place?

thank you for the advice! I appreciate it. murph

6. Re: Parking at Tudor Place?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 06:40