We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Washington Hilton on Connecticut - nearby breakfast spot?

USA
Level Contributor
595 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Washington Hilton on Connecticut - nearby breakfast spot?

Is there a good spot close by, preferably with free wifi, for breakfast? Even a coffee shop with breakfast goods would be fine -- just looking to get away from the hotel, have a (perhaps slightly less expensive) morning bite and get a little work done on my laptop.

Also would be nice to find a nearby laundromat.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,101 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Washington Hilton on Connecticut - nearby breakfast spot?

There are a bunch of Starbucks within a few blocks. Also a Cosi and down near Metro a second Cosi and a Panera. Several other coffee shops, though I am unfamiliar with what they offer for breakfast. The most interesting is probably Filter. http://filtercoffeehouse.com/

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,611 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Washington Hilton on Connecticut - nearby breakfast spot?

Go to Google Maps. Type "laundromat near" then the address of your hotel into the search bar, This will reveal where the nearest laundromat is.

You can also use this to search for restaurants and anything else you might need.

USA
Level Contributor
595 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Washington Hilton on Connecticut - nearby breakfast spot?

The Filter website doesn't indicate that they have any food whatsoever. :-(

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,101 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Washington Hilton on Connecticut - nearby breakfast spot?

Laundromats are rare these days. I don't know of any near that Hilton or Dupont Circle. Plenty of places to drop clothes off for washing or dry cleaning though.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Washington Hilton on Connecticut - nearby breakfast spot?

"The Filter website doesn't indicate that they have any food whatsoever."

I have been there once or twice and I don't remember seeing any food. You could call once you are here.

If google maps is no help, try MapQuest. Also the restaurant finder on www.washingtonian.com may be helpful

Edited: 23 December 2011, 21:47
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Washington Hilton on Connecticut - nearby breakfast spot?

Check out Au Bon Pain. One of my favorites! It's a little ways past the metro stop, but definitely worth the walk, IMO!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,101 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Washington Hilton on Connecticut - nearby breakfast spot?

Closer than Au Bon Pain, but a bit further than Starbucks, is where I get coffee Java House. They have breakfast food, but I have never eaten any of it. I eat breakfast at home these days. http://javahousedc.net/ (They don't have any menus on their Menu link though. They do serve food.) There is also a McDonalds a half block away from Java House, though I don't know if they have wifi or not.

Edited: 24 December 2011, 14:22
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Washington Hilton on Connecticut - nearby breakfast spot?

Today's Groupon is for Java House - $10 for $20 of food and drink.

Need to sign up for DC daily deals to purchase, which is a once daily email with the daily Groupon promos. You can unsubscribe at anytime.

www.livingsocial.com/cities/1/deals/180420

9. Re: Washington Hilton on Connecticut - nearby breakfast spot?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2013, 10:22