We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels around walter reed hospital

Pine Prairie...
Level Contributor
45 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
hotels around walter reed hospital

Could anyone recommend a hotel near Walter Reed? Is this area safe or should we drive in?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,410 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels around walter reed hospital

The area around Walter Reed is mixed, and some of it is not the best. Nat an area where I would recommend for a tourist to stay. If you are going to be at Walter Reed you might want to look at hotels near downtown Silver Spring, which is a short drive away.

Are you talking about the old Walter Reed inside DC or the new Walter Reed in Bethesda, Maryland? They are different places.

Edited: 28 December 2011, 18:56
Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
7,425 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels around walter reed hospital

There is, or was, a hotel right across the street from the old Walter Reed Medical Center, on Georgia Avenue and Butternut St, NW, in DC. But I don't know if that's where you want to go anymore, because I could swear everything has moved to Bethesda.

If you really want Bethesda, there are lots of hotels just south of the Medical Centers there, and you can walk or take a 5-minute taxi ride to the buildings. Just look for hotels on or just off Wisconsin Avenue in downtown Bethesda. AND there is a Metro station at the Medical Center, so except during weekend construction along the Red line you can take a Metro train very, very easily, from many places along Wisconsin Avenue and Connecticut Avenue in DC to the new Walter Reed.

3. Re: hotels around walter reed hospital

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2013, 10:20