We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pentagon and Visas

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Pentagon and Visas

I am visiting DC at Easter from the UK and have been trying to book a visit to the Pentagon. Everything seems to go through ok and it says an email confirming details will be sent but this email never comes through. I have also checked my junk box. Is there a problem with booking visits from the UK?

Also I have a current visa with about another 8 years to run but I had to renew my passport last year and the Visa is in the old one. I assume I take both with me but will there be any problems?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,378 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pentagon and Visas

I don't know anything about visas, but I do know that the Pentagon tour is a bore, unless you are a big fan of large office buildings. If you want to see the Pentagon 9/11 Memorial, it is open to the public 24/7.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pentagon and Visas

You should get visa related information from an official source

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pentagon and Visas

I agree with Darrell, the Pentagon is quite boring, as many have reported in these forums.

Unless you have a passion for going there, I would put your efforts elsewhere. Just go see the memorial outside.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
234 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pentagon and Visas

I recommend going to the outside Pentagon 9/11 memorial. It's very well done and easy to get to.

Fairfax County...
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pentagon and Visas

For your visa question, you should contact the US Embassy or Consulate nearest to you. Somehow the idea of an unexpired visa on an expired passport does not sound right.

6. Re: Pentagon and Visas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 04:15