We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4TH jULY in washington for some aussies

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
178 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
4TH jULY in washington for some aussies

We will be in Washington DC on 4th July and being from Australia, would really like to experience this first hand!

We are looking at staying at the Holiday Inn Washington capitol, which seems to be central.

I assume there are fireworks? If so... is our location ideal for this?

Any other tips for some aussies really wanting to enjoy 4th July.

(We also have the option of spending it in Philly or Washington DC...any suggestions which would be best? )

Thanks!

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 4TH jULY in washington for some aussies

Yes, that is a good location with respect to the fireworks because you can walk back to the hotel and don't have to try to get on crowded Metro.

Here is a link to the Smithsonian Folklife Festival which takes place at that time

http://www.festival.si.edu/

I don't think any July 4 suggestions are going to be "aussie" specific, just general.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
178 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4TH jULY in washington for some aussies

Thank you for that info, as well as the link.

I also just found another question about July 4, so that covered many of my questions.

Thanks again

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,719 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4TH jULY in washington for some aussies

If you look around this forum you will find topics about how desolate the area of the Holiday Inn Capitol is after the offices close and on weekends. But it is close to The Mall near the Air & Space Museum. Pretty good for getting back after the fireworks though. Or for going to the concert on the Capitol grounds.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
178 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4TH jULY in washington for some aussies

Thank you....

Williamston...
Level Contributor
815 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4TH jULY in washington for some aussies

That hotel is just a 5 minute stroll from the Mall and will put you roughly halfway between the Capitol and the Washington Monument, which is the focal point of the fireworks. Good location for seeing the sights in that area and still be within walking distance of your hotel.

6. Re: 4TH jULY in washington for some aussies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 10:16