We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Georgetwon Cupcakes & The Metro

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
186 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Georgetwon Cupcakes & The Metro

We are visiting DC this weekend and my wife would like to visit Georgetown Cupcakes.

We are coming into DC on the orange line metro. Would it be best for us to get off the metro at Rosslyn and take a bus (the circular) to visit Georgetown Cupcakes?

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,162 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Georgetwon Cupcakes & The Metro

You could take the bus but you also could walk from Rosslyn (or from Foggy Bottom). Both are doable walks. So it's up to you.

Visalia, CA
Level Contributor
464 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Georgetwon Cupcakes & The Metro

We took the circulator bus from Rosslyn - the ride was only a few minutes, but we had spent the morning at Arlington Cemetery, walked to Iwo Jima Memorial and then on into Rosslyn, so it was a welcome break for only $1.00! We then walked and shopped through Georgetown and on to Foggy Bottom station and caught the metro again there. It wasn't a bad walk at all, by that time we were used to all the walking you do in D.C.!

Mechanicsville, MD
Level Contributor
191 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Georgetwon Cupcakes & The Metro

FYI, everytime I am in Georgetown there is a very long line at the cupcake place. I don't know how fast it goes, but it's usually out the door and up the street! Those must be some good cupcakes...

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,742 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Georgetwon Cupcakes & The Metro

I have heard you can order your cupcakes in advance and it takes less time. Check their website.

Visalia, CA
Level Contributor
464 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Georgetwon Cupcakes & The Metro

We had good luck on a Tuesday at around 2:30, only waited in line 8 minutes! But I bet it will be busy all the time this weekend.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
186 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Georgetwon Cupcakes & The Metro

Thanks for your replies everyone!

I thought we could walk, but that would eat up extra time that I would like to use for other sites.

The bus will help us out, thanks again!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
758 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Georgetwon Cupcakes & The Metro

the line moves fairly quickly. check the menu online ahead of time - each day different cupcake flavors are offered. they also hand out card slates of the day's offered cupcakes as you stand in line.

8. Re: Georgetwon Cupcakes & The Metro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 03:40