We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Logistics help!

Level Contributor
404 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Logistics help!

We're making headway!!! Since we only have 2 1/2 days I'm trying to pack in as many "must-see" spots. I've seen from others that we can do a Moonlight Tour of the monuments. Since we are arriving late in the day I thought I'd like to do that our 1st night. Is there just the 1 tour through Historic Tours? Is it worth it or any other options?

Also, because we're trying to fit a lot in are we better off relying on the Metro for short distances or buying one of those trolly passes where we can get on or off at our pace?

Also, what are our chances of getting same day tickets to Nat'l Bureau of Engraving? We'll be there Spring Break! How early do you have to be on line? We're staying at the Holiday Inn on the Hill. How near are we to that line?

Thanks so much! Your input is extremely helpful!

Heswall, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Logistics help!

Near the Holiday Inn on the Hill you have the red line at Union Station and Judiciary Square.

The "Daily pass" costs $6.5 and you can use it in any line, as many times as you want. (After 9H30 am mon-fri, no limit on weekend). It is very convenient. Just get a map of the metro and you can just use the metro even to go from one station to the next and not walk as much between places.

Did you see the DC Metro website? If you didn't take a look, it can be helpful.

Washington, DC
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Logistics help!

Yup, you can find most of the answers to your questions on these forums except for the BEP! Most folks just get in line early in the morning and wait. There are congressional tour tickets for the BEP, but you have to go EARLY, before the public tours begin. Call your congressperson for availability!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Logistics help!

Tourmobile also does a twilight tour of the monuments. Their website says it's "seasonal," but this is a really popular time to visit DC, so they're probably doing it. Check out their web site at www.tourmobile.com.