We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Springhill suites... Ashburn or Sterling?

Elizabeth City...
12 posts
Save Topic
Springhill suites... Ashburn or Sterling?

I am about to reserve a room for a week at either the springhill suites Ashburn or Sterling, not sure which to pick. Any advice would be appreciated as I dont know the area! Thanks :)

Hotel Hive
Hotel Hive
#2 of 142 hotels in Washington DC
The Jefferson, Washington DC
The Jefferson, Washington DC
#4 of 142 hotels in Washington DC
The Avery Georgetown
The Avery Georgetown
#6 of 142 hotels in Washington DC
Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Springhill suites... Ashburn or Sterling?

They are both in VA. If your purpose is to visit DC, then neither is good. If that is not your purpose, you might want to repost in the VA forum & include WHY you will be in that area.

Edited: 19 May 2012, 22:03
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,906 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Springhill suites... Ashburn or Sterling?

As vjp said, you do not want either one if you plan to be a tourist in DC. You will spend so much time getting into the city from out there that what you remember of your trip is the horrendous traffic.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,170 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Springhill suites... Ashburn or Sterling?

While I've seen a suite at the Springhill Suites in Sterling and they are decent, I agree it's not the place to stay if you're coming here to visit DC. Ashburn is even farther away from DC than Sterling.

If you want a place that's either in DC or close enough to have an easy trip using Metrorail, post the dates you will be here, how much per night your room budget is and how many people are in your party. With that info, posters can make some good suggestions.

Edited: 20 May 2012, 02:16
4. Re: Springhill suites... Ashburn or Sterling?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 05:41