We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

200,000 Girl Scouts this weekend

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
342 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
200,000 Girl Scouts this weekend

For whomever is planning a trip to DC this weekend:

Over 200,000 guests are expected to attend Girl Scouts Rock the Mall: 100th Anniversary Sing-Along on June 9, 2012.

http://100.gscnc.org/rtm_about.html

It will probably be more crowded than normal!!! (I will be there with 10 people)

Atlanta, Georgia
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 200,000 Girl Scouts this weekend

Thank you! We will be in DC Friday - Tuesday. Both of my girls are Girl Scouts so this will be a bonus to our trip! I'll pack their uniforms.

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
342 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 200,000 Girl Scouts this weekend

Mama...

So glad I was able to give you advance notice. It should be a lot of fun!

Lynchburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
479 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 200,000 Girl Scouts this weekend

No need for uniforms! (Most girls will be wearing troop made t-shirts, and shorts, etc.). If your gals have a Girl Scout themed t-shirt ie from your annual cookie sale, or council camp that would be fine.

They could wear their GS pins and that would be enough.

P

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
342 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 200,000 Girl Scouts this weekend

Really? I definitely don't think a GS vest or sash is overkill.

Lynchburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
479 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 200,000 Girl Scouts this weekend

Not at all... after all, a Girl Scout is in uniform if she's wearing her GS trefoil pin.

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,198 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 200,000 Girl Scouts this weekend

It's 90 degrees, your girl gets hot.

She takes off the sash/vest...

It's gone!

Does this sound like a good idea?

There are 200,000 people on the mall in the sun! Keep that in mind!

I have done this event before (and will be there Saturday) It's hot, it's crowded (beyond crowded) It's not a place of things you would be very upset to loose.

Edited: 07 June 2012, 22:24
washington dc
Level Contributor
3,905 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 200,000 Girl Scouts this weekend

Wow - 200,000 girl scouts sounds pretty interesting - but if they are all texting/tweeting/facebooking all day - as they probably will be - just have a back-up plan (for lost or general re-connecting) in case cell phone signals get overloaded.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 200,000 Girl Scouts this weekend

I am planning to go down to see them & hear them sing. I hope they will be acting like normal children, not tweeting/texting morons.

9. Re: 200,000 Girl Scouts this weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 20:16