We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

special restaurant in DC

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Worcester...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
special restaurant in DC

If you had to pick one restaurant in Washington for a special dinner, where would you go? Thanks!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: special restaurant in DC

washington dc
Level Contributor
3,726 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: special restaurant in DC

"Special" is vastly different for everyone. There are 100+ places that could qualify. Do a little online research and come back with your 5 top places.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: special restaurant in DC

If you are looking at Citronelle, it is closed for approx. 6 months due to damage at the hotel where it is located.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: special restaurant in DC

What's your budget? What's the occasion? What are your likes/dislikes in terms of food and ambiance?

Worcester...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: special restaurant in DC

I am in DC for a conference and have one night on my own to have dinner with my wife. Budget is not a major issue, but looking for a place that combines great food, atmosphere, and service. The 1789 is one place that I have looked at, for example.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,736 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: special restaurant in DC

I have not been yet, but I have heard some really good things about Plume in the Jefferson Hotel. Definitely special. http://plumedc.com/

Annapolis
Level Contributor
128 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: special restaurant in DC

My vote would be for CityZen but it's very expensive.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
19,736 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: special restaurant in DC

The Washington Post food critic listed his only 4 star restaurants: CityZen, Komi, Citronelle (presently closed), Rasika, Restaurant Eve (Alexandria) and Inn at Little Washington (90 minutes or so to the west of DC).

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: special restaurant in DC

Maybe the Tabard Inn (http://www.tabardinn.com/restaurant/).

The ambiance is wonderful and last time I ate there the food was excellent. It is also near the Dupont Circle Metro Station.

dctravel

10. Re: special restaurant in DC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2013, 10:16