We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy Washington DC souvenir ??

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
434 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to buy Washington DC souvenir ??

I have this habit of collecting a souvenir from all the locations i visit and on my east coast trip i would like to buy a fridge magnet for sure, which is like a mandatory souvenir that i gotta buy.

But what other good souvenir options do i have and most importantly where to buy them ??

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,160 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy Washington DC souvenir ??

If the hotel you're staying in has a gift shop, you can find fridge magnets there. The Smithsonian museums also have gift shops. Hallmark stores sell fridge magnets also. You could take Metro to Pentagon City and go to the Fashion Centre Mall. There is a store on the top floor called America that sells souvenirs.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
13,535 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy Washington DC souvenir ??

Another good choice for an easily-packed souvenir is coozies (the foam insulators you put around soda cans). I found these at a souvenir shop near Ford's Theatre for some visiting foreign exchange students last year.

Edited: 22 July 2012, 14:24
washington dc
Level Contributor
4,331 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy Washington DC souvenir ??

Magnets are everywhere. All the Smithsonian museums have great gift shops with unique gifts. Astronaut packages of Freeze dried ice cream are especially popular. But for really unique - there are several photographers & painters that sell DC scenes at Eastern Market for affordable prices.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
434 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy Washington DC souvenir ??

@victoria

The freeze dried ice cream i think we can get at Frys as well right ?

I have seen that in Frys for sure.

Most important is fridge magnet and hope to get it at the usual touristy places.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to buy Washington DC souvenir ??

EVERYWHERE! Literally, EVERYWHERE.

You will have no trouble finding a place to buy souvenirs, there are vendors lining the streets in the popular tourist areas, gift shops in many hotels, and many museums have gift shops as well.

This should be the least of your worries ;-)

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,608 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to buy Washington DC souvenir ??

The Smithsonian museum gift shops have a lot of interesting things and not as much junk as other places. And there is no sales tax at them either. Just a little bonus.

VA
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to buy Washington DC souvenir ??

The best Washington DC themed gift shop is the White House gift shop on the 15th street across the White House

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to buy Washington DC souvenir ??

Tons of trailers and stands everywhere, in addition to the gift shops in museums, hotels, Union Station, airports, etc., etc.. If one doesn't have a fridge magnet, I am sure they'll know where you can get one.

9. Re: Where to buy Washington DC souvenir ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2013, 10:15