We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from DC to Baltimore

Irvine, California...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Driving from DC to Baltimore

I'm leaving DC to Baltimore on Sat, Aug 18. What time blocks are good for driving w/o traffic?

Thanks,

Sohee

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,160 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from DC to Baltimore

There is always heavy traffic on the DC beltway and I-95. However, on a Saturday, you wouldn't have to contend with any rush hour traffic at any time of day.

Bartlesville...
Level Contributor
941 posts
344 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from DC to Baltimore

If you just really need to know the fastest time, on a Saturday, early morning will be the fastest. The earlier the better, but as SueFee says, there's no weekend rush hour. From mid-morning forward, however, the traffic will be heavy all day. It generally moves along, but it only takes one accident (and there often is one somewhere) to clog things up. These comments generally apply whether you are taking I-95 or the B-W Parkway.

Irvine, California...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from DC to Baltimore

Thanks, guys!

4. Re: Driving from DC to Baltimore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 08:17