We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connection time

Jacksonville...
2 posts
Save Topic
Connection time

I am arriving at Dullus on UA from Jacksonville and connecting with a UA international flight to Brussels. Will I have to process through an international checkin inspection and is 1 hr. 10 min. enough time? Do all international flight depart from an international terminal?

bburkey@bellsouth.net

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,153 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connection time

First of all, I suggest removing your post and reposting without putting your email address in it.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,998 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connection time

Yup, the spammers will have a field day extracting your address. Definitely click the remove post flag and start again without the personal details.

To answer your question, though, United will check your bags all the way through to your final destination from JAX, and give you boarding passes for both flights. There is no Int'l terminal at IAD, but JAX is usually served by United Express. Those flights usually arrive at the A gates, while heavies to Europe depart from the C & D gates. For C, you take the aerotrain subway. For D, you take a mobile lounge (glorified bus). A to C takes about 10 minutes depending on your walking speed. A to D is about 15.

They will start to board your int'l flight about 55 minutes prior to departure, and close the door 10 to 15 minutes prior. So you have a roughly 45 minute cushion. It is a "legal" connection under UA's rules, but not one I'd book given the limited number of ways to get to Brussels that day if you mis-connect (through LHR and FRA are your only alternatives).

Edited: 08 August 2012, 13:02
3. Re: Connection time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 12:16