We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nationals Park, Parking & Food

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
Level Contributor
514 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Nationals Park, Parking & Food

I'm trying to purchase parking online for a concert at Nationals Park. The only choices offered on their website correspond with baseball games with no option for the day of the concert. Any suggestions on this or, if not, is there adequate parking basis arriving two hours prior to the concert (Springsteen 9/14).

Also trying to find if there are any dining options close to the park within walking distance as trying to avoid pre concert metro crowds.

Thanks in advance for any help

Groton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,087 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nationals Park, Parking & Food

There is very little parking around the stadium and most of the lots will be full if they allow tailgating.

There is not much around the stadium for dining options except within the park.

Maryland
Level Contributor
514 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nationals Park, Parking & Food

So where does everyone park???? They show a variety of lots on their website. How early would I need to arrive to have a shot at a spot?

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nationals Park, Parking & Food

Everyone doesn't park. Some people take Metro.

Edited: 07 September 2012, 19:57
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nationals Park, Parking & Food

I'd guess MOST take the metro.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,880 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nationals Park, Parking & Food

There is more parking around the stadium than you'd think, particularly if you are willing to walk four or five blocks. First look at this map: …mlb.com/was/ballpark/parking.jsp

In addition to the two stadium garages (B&C on the map), there is a private surface lot just east of the stadium (at corner of N St SE and 1st St SE, enter from N St), two just north of that (Lot F, and one not pictured across 1st St -- what used to be the lot for the Geospatial Intelligence Agency), two underground garages in the office buildings at half St. SE and M Street (Lot H and one where the Metro M is -- enter from M St), a surface lot on half street SW just north of M Street (not pictured), a surface lot at the concrete plant to the southwest of the stadium (just off the bottom edge of the map, enter south of Q St from half Street), and surface lots T and U to the northeast of the stadium which are bigger than they look.

There are other lots not pictured, too. If you arrive two hours early you should have your pick, as there's not much to do once you get there. If you arrive 45 minutes beforehand you'll likely find parking at most of them, but some may be full. Expect to pay between $20 and $40, with cost going up the closer you get to the park.

I personally like the lot on half street SW, just north of M, which is usually $20. That one fills by about 30 minutes before a major game / concert.

Harrisburg, PA
Level Contributor
509 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nationals Park, Parking & Food

Why would you not just park at Greenbelt or one of the other outlying lots and just take the Metro to the Navy-Ballpark station on the Green line?

Springfield, VA
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nationals Park, Parking & Food

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with warthog's advice.

The reason that the OP couldn't find parking options for the Springsteen concert on the Nationals website is that the Nationals aren't the organization that is selling the tickets.

Tickets for parking for the Bruce Springsteen concert are being sold via Tickets.com, which also sold the tickets to the concert. When I checked this morning, there were still tickets available in two of the lots, F and M, which I'm pretty sure means that the garages and other lots he's recommended have already sold out.

http://www.tickets.com/brucenationals/

SWN
DC
Level Contributor
15 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nationals Park, Parking & Food

Another option: Grab street parking or valet parking over on Barracks Row (SE 7th) where there are many dining options. You can then walk over to the park from there (20 minutes or so), or catch the circulator bus that drops you off two blocks from the stadium for a $1 per person.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,880 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nationals Park, Parking & Food

All the lots I mentioned above that DON'T have letters -- i.e. those not run by the team -- are cash parking even on baseball game days, so I wouldn't read anything about their availability into their not showing up on the tickets.com site. I paid cash to park at the lot on Half Street SW I mentioned for the Billy Joel / Elton John concert, which was the last show I went to at Nats Park. Lots T and U are also cash parking lots on game days, and I've even paid cash to park in garages B and C for some events.

All that said, $40 for an advance F lot pass via that tickets.com link is a fair price. That lot is $30 for baseball games, and is right across the street from the main gate of the stadium. I'd buy one of those, go have dinner someone else, and then arrive 20-30 minutes before the show starts.

Washington, DC
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nationals Park, Parking & Food

A couple of restaurants have opened up nearby - Justin's Cafe is a great local hangout, and there are a bunch of restaurants on 8th Street SE - get off at the Eastern Market Metro, walk south, and then catch the red Circulator bus three stops to the Navy Yard/Ballpark stop. And there are the fast-food options like Subway, Potbelly, and Five Guys outside the stadium, and all the concessionaires once you get inside. The gates sometimes open early for diners/concertgoers.