We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I buy a US SIM card at Dulles Airport

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
81 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Can I buy a US SIM card at Dulles Airport

Hi

I am transiting Dulles airport in a few weeks time and wandered is there was somewhere in Dulles airport where I could buy a US SIM card to use in my unlocked smartphone.

Thanks

Maryland
Level Contributor
595 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I buy a US SIM card at Dulles Airport

I thought I saw a vending machine selling SIM cards at Dulles, but I'm not sure where--this is vague, but perhaps near the rest rooms in the international baggage claim area.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I buy a US SIM card at Dulles Airport

I saw one at the C & D gates. The rates looked ok.

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
81 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I buy a US SIM card at Dulles Airport

Thanks for the replies. We are flying united which I think are gates c/d so the vending machine idea is good. Do you know which network it was?

Some further googling there is an airport wireless shop around A Gates but as we only have an hour and 55 transit to include clearing immigration and customs we probably wouldn't have time to get there

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I buy a US SIM card at Dulles Airport

Sorry I only briefly looked at the vending machine as I was flying out and didn't need a sim card. Was just curious what the rates were, I believe it was around $25 or $35 for the sim plus some minutes.

5. Re: Can I buy a US SIM card at Dulles Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 13:19