We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets for Wizards game

West Sussex
Level Contributor
59 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Tickets for Wizards game

Hi

I am trying to book tickets for a Wizards basketball game from the UK on ticketmaster and one of the pricing options is 'Guys night out' which are better priced for the same seats than if i buy as full price. Can anyone tell me if there is any other stipulation other than buying in multiples of two that would stop me being able to buy these tickets? No information on ticketmaster and thought this may be a way to find out with a quicker response time!

Sorry as a UK female, this is a new one on me!

Thanks in advance.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
57,141 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets for Wizards game

I don't understand what the question is. You tried to buy the tickets and it wouldn't let you?

The Wizards are one of the worst teams around these days. Maybe just get tickets at the box office when you arrive.

West Sussex
Level Contributor
59 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets for Wizards game

No, it will let me buy them - i just dont want to buy them and then be refused at the door for some reason. Its Vs the Knicks so i thought it would be worth a watch as we dont have anything like that here.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
57,141 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets for Wizards game

Sorry, I'm still lost. Why would you be turned away at the door if you have a ticket?

West Sussex
Level Contributor
59 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets for Wizards game

I probably wont - i just wanted to understand what the difference is between 'Guys night out' tickets and regular tickets available on ticketmaster as the' 'guys night out' tickets are a cheaper rate than the regular ones for the same seats. There is no real explanation on ticketmaster other than 'multiples of 2' if thats the only reason they are cheaper thats all good as we are going as a couple - if you have to be a 17 year old American boy then i shouldnt be buying them.

Not to worry - i will work it out.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,603 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tickets for Wizards game

I know nothing, as I don't enjoy basketball at all, but I found this and thought it might help. www.nba.com/wizards/tickets/promotions.html

West Sussex
Level Contributor
59 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tickets for Wizards game

It did help - thanks very much.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
3,002 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tickets for Wizards game

Take a look at your options on Stubhub before you buy from the team (www.stubhub.com/washington-wizards-tickets/). Season ticket holders frequently sell their unused Wizards tickets there for less than face value. For the game against the Knicks, it looks like you can find seats in the front row of the upper deck for $16.00 each plus fees, which appears to be even less than the promotion you found.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tickets for Wizards game

The tickets are fine--the whole night is designated as a Guys Night Out, which just means you get some swag with your tickets. They do these "events" all the time--for families, for women, etc. I second the search on stubhub--I've purchased center court club seats there for far less than worse seating on the official site--they are usually sold by season ticket holders and are legit. Have fun--it will be different for you!

9. Re: Tickets for Wizards game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 07:15