We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Angeles or Las Vegas to washington DC in Febuary

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Los Angeles or Las Vegas to washington DC in Febuary

I am looking at flying over to see Bon Jovi at the Version arena on Febuary 10th.

So what are the chances of hitting bad weather that time of year and getting stranded on the way in the plane change over? I can only fly the day the show is on. How would i get from the airport to the venue and is there a close cheap place even backpackers near the venue?

I would be flying back to Los Angeles on the next morning....

Please help!! How reliable is Frontier airlines?

washington dc
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Los Angeles or Las Vegas to washington DC in Febuary

If you fly direct you shouldn't have a problem - there is no way to know when blizzards might hit, but they aren't common in DC. Check with your airline about their weather change policies. If you have to change in a northern city, Denver, Minn. etc. you could get in trouble. I have friends that frequently fly Frontier from Madison WI and have had no issues.

For accomodations - hiwashingtondc.com hostelworld.com or airbnb.com

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Los Angeles or Las Vegas to washington DC in Febuary

Do I have it right that you are flying LAS/LAX to DCA on Frontier? That means you are changing planes in DEN? If so, you are at risk of weather delays or cancelations in February due to snow, but that risk isn't huge on those routes. Denver gets a great deal of snow, but is equipped to handle it. DCA doesn't handle snow terribly well, but doesn't get as much. How much cushion do you have between scheduled arrival and the concert? I'd want at least three or four hours to let you get delayed but still make it.

In terms of getting from DCA to Verizon Center, it is a 20 minute / $20 cab ride or a 20 minute / $3 or $4 ride on the yellow line Metro train from DCA to Gallery Place station (under the verizon center).

DC
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Los Angeles or Las Vegas to washington DC in Febuary

You're flying from the west coast to DC (not to mention from Melbourne to the west coast) to see a concert and you want to find a cheap place? I can think of all kinds of ways to save lots of money, but none of them involve a cheap hotel in DC.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Los Angeles or Las Vegas to washington DC in Febuary

I will already be in USA just decideing if i will go Las Vegas - washington or do the two shows, los angeles- hartford- washington dc- los angeles. Just been looking at flights on priceline.

As i essentially will only be there for the shows i dont need anything fancy...if airports were open all night i would just get a early flight out of washington.

5. Re: Los Angeles or Las Vegas to washington DC in Febuary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 06:15